Art can come across as fancy and intimidating. Sometimes you don’t even know where to begin. Here are 5 tips to get started and help you pick out some pieces you love! *Cost saving tip! Rip out pages from magazines or newspapers and frame them.
- Color Scheme: To begin, determine if you have certain color preferences or a style you’re trying to stick to. Abstract, modern, classic, prints, landscape, etc.
- Mix It Up: It’s OK to take some risks and mix high end and low end or oversize with small and vintage with new. Mix canvas with framed art or your kids artwork with a more mature print.
- Lacking character? Art can fix this by elevating a space, adding meaning and personality. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box – this is an area of decorating where you can bend the rules a bit and have fun with it! It can be moved easily and isn’t so permanent as other pieces you already have in your home.
- Art fits into any room: From the bedroom to the bathroom, art can be used anywhere.
- Go BIG: Large art pieces can open up a space and make it feel bigger and can be a focal point for a room. Maybe a big piece above your bed or couch.
Some pieces that caught my eye…
Cute for an office.
I will buy this one one day! And maybe this one too!
Love this bubblegum portrait series. Pop art – Queen Victoria.
If you love pink, this one is for you!
Minimal. Love the colors.
I’m a sucker for these vintage posters. Every. single. one. of. them!
Leonardo Da Vinci’s ‘Horse & Rider.’
This may not be a favorite, but I like her! I could see this in a moody room.
These or these to add earthy tones. Maybe in a living or dining space.
Love these on their own or grouped in with a gallery wall.
Friends inspired 🙂
If you love the mountains or trees.
A pretty pastel print.
Gotta love cow art. Would look SO cute in a breakfast corner.
A fun, graphic piece to go in a bedroom or bathroom.
Move inspired posters. These would look awesome framed and put in a movie room.
Sweet prints for a nursery. Especially this one & this one.
Good luck with finding a piece that speaks to you! It will look amazing!